Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Looking Back

In honor of memorial day I decided to look up videos on blacks in the military. This lead to me doing some reading and coming away with an urge to write something. I'll have to do a bit more work, but for now I wanted to share a few things.

Today much of what blacks accomplished in the military has been ignored by revisionists who instead focus on the injustices and horrors blacks faced. Certainly these injustices shouldn't be forgotten, but this revisionist history breeds a resentment against whites, and helps foster the view that blacks are different, rather than equal partners in an American society. Not only are the accomplishments of black soldiers forgotten, but a very effective route in countering racism is ignored. The military is a unifying aspect, or at least it should be. All of the mwn who fought do so for the United States and all that that stands for. Blacks should remember this and take some pride in knowing that the freedom all Americans enjoy today was won with black as well as white blood.

"I don't care what color you are, so long as you go up there and kill those kraut sons of bitches." - General Patton






This video isn't directly tied to blacks, but the point it makes transcends race. It makes my point and is inspirational, I highly recommend watching it:


No comments:

Post a Comment