Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Obama Quotes

The quotes below hardly do justice to the amount of lying that has gone on with this administration as often times they use actions instead of words.  I'll touch on those later, but for now take this as a reminder of Obama's far-left curve.

The layout may be a bit awkward, so I apologize for that.  The quote sections are broken up to display where Obama has said one thing and then either backtracked or said completely contradictory statements at a later date.


Race

"It is this world, a world where cruise ships throw away more food in a day than most residents of Port-au-Prince see in a year, where white folks' greed runs a world in need, apartheid in one hemisphere, apathy in another hemisphere…That's the world! On which hope sits!" - Obama, Dreams of My Father

"I don't know -- not having been there and not seeing all the facts -- what role race played in that number one: Any of us would be pretty angry. Number 2: The Cambridge police acted...stupidly." - Obama putting race into something he admittedly knows nothing about

"It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names." - Obama, Dreams of My Father


Foreign Policy

"Preventing a potential genocide in Iraq isn't a good enough reason to keep U.S. forces there." - Obama, 2007


"The international community has an obligation, even when it's inconvenient, to act when genocide is occurring." - Obama, 2009

--------------------------------------------

"Two years ago, I criticized the Secretary of State for the firing of U.S. Ambassador to Armenia, John Evans, after he properly used the term 'genocide' to describe Turkey's slaughter of thousands of Armenians starting in 1915. … as President I will recognize the Armenian Genocide." - January 19th, 2008.  Obama now refuses to back legislation which would call it genocide because it would impede relations with Turkey.


Domestic Policy

"I can make a firm pledge. Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes." - Obama 2008.  Raised taxes include:  Tanning, being uninsured, and on cigarettes.

"I will not sign any non-emergency bill without giving the American public an opportunity to review and comment on the White House website for five days." - Obama 2008.  Promise broken nine days after taking office

"Barack Obama is committed to returning earmarks to less than $7.8 billion a year, the level they were at before 1994." - Obama.  Lol

"I'm going to have all the negotiations around a big table. We'll have doctors and nurses and hospital administrators. Insurance companies, drug companies -- they'll get a seat at the table, they just won't be able to buy every chair. But what we will do is, we'll have the negotiations televised on C-SPAN, so that people can see who is making arguments on behalf of their constituents, and who are making arguments on behalf of the drug companies or the insurance companies. And so, that approach, I think is what is going to allow people to stay involved in this process." - Obama 2008.  Healthcare negotiations were largely held behind closed doors.

Deceit

"Had I heard those statements in the church, I would have told Reverend Wright that I profoundly disagree with them." - Obama before


"For some, nagging questions remain. Did I know him to be an occasionally fierce critic of American domestic and foreign policy? Of course. Did I ever hear him make remarks that could be considered controversial while I sat in church? Yes." - Obama after


--------------------------------------------

"I don't want to pit Red America against Blue America. I want to be President of the United States of America." - Obama 2007

"We are going to try to bring people together, rather then push them apart." - Obama, August 6, 2009



"I don't want the folks who created the mess to do a lot of talking, I want them to just get out of the way so we can clean up the mess." - Obama, August 6, 2009

"I want you to go out and talk to your friends, and talk to your neighbors. I want you to talk to them to them whether they're independent or whether they are Republican. I want you to argue with them and get in their faces." - Obama, September 2008

--------------------------------------------

 "Let me also address an illegitimate concern that is being put forward by those who are claiming that a public horse is somehow a trojan horse for a single-payer system." - Obama, June 15, 2009



"My commitment is to make sure that we have Universal Health Care by the end of my first term of President." - Obama, March 2007

"I happen to be a proponent of a single payer, Universal Health Care plan." - Obama, 2003

--------------------------------------------

“You can’t get corporate jets, you can’t go take a trip to Las Vegas or go down to the Super Bowl on the taxpayers dime.” - Obama April, 2009. He later went on a date with Michelle that cost the taxpayers $70,000.


"Just this past week, we passed out of the out of the U.S. Senate Banking Committee -- which is my committee -- a bill to call for divestment from Iran as way of ratcheting up the pressure to ensure that they don't obtain a nuclear weapon." - Obama claiming to be on a committee he is not on.  Sderot, Israel, July 23, 2008


"Those" moments

"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.  I hope you'll join me as we try to change it."

"Just wonderful to be back in Oregon and in the last fifteen months we've traveled to every corner of the United States. I've now been to uhh...fifty seven states?" - Obama, 2008

"On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes -- and I see many of them in...in the audience here today -- our sense of patriotism is particularly strong." - Obama, Memorial Day 2009

"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." - Obama on a Tornado that killed 12

"UPS and FedEx are doing just fine. It's the Post Office that's always having problems." - Obama trying to win support for a government healthcare option.

"Let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of Israel's.  It will be a strong friend of Israel's under a McCain...administration. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under an Obama administration. So that policy is not going to change." - Obama in Jordan, 2008

"I had a...uncle who was one of the...who was part of the first troops to go into Auschwitz." - Obama, 2008. Auschwitz was liberated by Soviet troops, not Americans.



Obama sold himself as a moderate, but what we got was a Progressive.  He lies, he manipulates, and he demagogues, but keep all of this in mind when 2012 rolls around.

No comments:

Post a Comment